Brake Service in Kitchener, ON
Your car’s brakes are arguably the most critical component of your vehicle. They are responsible for keeping you safe and secure during your travels, and the last thing you need is your brakes failing on your next outing.
Automotive Edge Kitchener offers superior brake repair and service for every make and model you can think of. Our highly trained staff of technicians utilize the latest technology and repair with only quality parts backed by a lifetime warranty.
You count on our team to conduct a thorough review of your vehicle braking system to ensure it functions correctly.
What Components Are Checked?
At Automotive Edge Kitchener, you always count on every aspect of your braking system to be examined and tested for faults and corrosion. If we find any issues with your vehicle’s brake system, it will be serviced and cared for accordingly.
During every comprehensive brake inspection we conduct, our technicians will check the following:
- Calipers: use hydraulic pressure to force the brake pads up against the rotors.
- Brake pads: comprised of friction material that binds to the rotor’s surface.
- Rotors: two circular discs that attach to the wheel.
- Brake shoes: brake shoes are an element of a drum brake system. They are crescent-shaped components with rough friction material on one side.
- Drums: A brake system with brake drums (rotor) that rotate with the wheels.
Is it Time for a Brake Inspection?
Brake fluid is also an essential part of the brake system. Brake fluid requires replacement at an exact time or miles driven interval. Automotive Edge Kitchener suggests brake system inspections annually to ensure your vehicle’s braking system is always at peak performance.
When it comes to the safety of your vehicle, Automotive Edge Kitchener treats every customer like they are part of our family.
Don’t Ignore the Signs
If your vehicle is currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, it could indicate that your brakes are in need of an inspection.
- The brake warning light is on
- A strong smell of chemical
- Pulses when braking at higher speeds
- High pitched squealing or a dragging sound
- Vibrations of the brake pedal or steering wheel
- The need to apply more brake pressure than usual
- Spongy brake pedal
- The brake pedal is pushed to the floor
Ignoring these signs could permanently damage your vehicle, leading to even more costly repairs down the road.
A Local Kitchener Auto Repair Shop You Can Trust!
Our technicians are well versed in all makes and models of cars and can perform all kinds of repairs for all types of vehicles. We pride ourselves on being your dealership alternative, and we strive to deliver cost-effective solutions to keep you on the road.
Even if you want to explore rebuilding an automotive part, we are always here to talk.
Our Most Common Repairs Include
- Replacing or resurfacing drums and rotors
- Repairing a faulty anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Replacing brake pads and shoes
- Servicing of hydraulics (wheel cylinders, hoses, and calipers)
- Brake fluid service
Contact Automotive Edge Kitchener today to learn even more about our automotive services.